Saturday, 27 April 2013

Your best asset is you!

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection" - Buddha

We've all gone through those days where you instantly wake up and feel like staying in bed all day, wallowing about how you look or how you wish you looked. I am a major victim of this. It's completely normal and the truth is, we are our worst critics. 

Theres always something that gets to you, be it "I wish I was thinner", "I wish I had a different face" or "I'm hopeless, I wish I was good at something". And, a lot of the time, the solution to your problems is by getting up and doing something about it. If you are unhappy with your life, try to turn it around! if somebody says to you, "You are ugly" or "You'll never be good enough", to hell with them! You should never let anyone stop you from enjoying your life, because most of the time, the people that criticise you the most have problems of their own. I know it's easy for me to write this and act as if problems go away with a click of a mouse which I know they do not. 


We are all different and the sooner everybody realises that, the better. But until that miraculous day happens where people have no prejudices and people of any colour, size, gender or class can be accepted, you must understand that you are amazing! (I write this with the intention to not sound completely cheesy or cliche which I hope has worked). 

Your best asset is you. 


Look at yourself in the mirror, focus on the things you like about yourself (and saying "I like nothing about myself" is not the answer) There is something, you just need to discover it! Listen to your favourite music, watch the films that make YOU happy, speak to the people you love the most and value the things in life that make you want to live it! 

And quite obviously, this will not solve all of your problems, but I hope that by reading this, your self esteem may be bright even if it's for a short time.

So smile, because you are all beautiful! 

Grace xx

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed reading this :) lovely graz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. words of inspiration! we can tell alot of thought was put into this post. Keep up the good work :)

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete