Tuesday, 30 April 2013

My instant pick me up!

"A kiss on the hand may be quite continental, but diamonds are a girls best friend.."


I love love love old classic hollywood films! I adore every single element of them; the clothes, the make up and hair, the actresses and actors, the era and the way life seemed so much better then. I find they are the perfect way to brighten up a rainy day or a boring Sunday afternoon! 




Seeing so many beautiful women who are elegant and classy is truly inspiring, but also quite upsetting when I think about the way some women present themselves in society now. Whatever happened to women dressing with class? I always find myself pondering how we have gone from full length dresses with hats and petticoats to too much fake tan and clothes that barely cover anything! (I see girls under 16 going out in public like this). And it's not just the way women were, it's as if men were a different species back then! (I know that it is only reflected in film and that it doesn't mean men were different in real life back then but the principle still applies) Whatever happened to men acting like real gentlemen and dressing nicely? I say we should all start making more of an effort with the way we behave and look in society! (this doesn't apply to all of us, I've also admired many people who take pride in the way they look and act, which is incredibly inspiring) 

                                      




BUT anyway!..pointless rant aside..

If you ever feel down, take my advice and put on an old black & white, get on the sofa with a duvet and immerse yourself in greatness <3
Some of my favourite films from this period include Breakfast At Tiffanys, Some Like It Hot, Singin' In The Rain and Gone With The Wind. 

What are your thoughts? Do you enjoy old classic movies too? 

Grace xx



4 comments:

  1. I agree with you :) x what ever happened to class !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's disappeared it seems along with gentlmen-like mannerisms :( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I always say, i was born in the wrong generation. I wish I could experience what it was like to live in those eras.
    lovely post :)

    http://lozzmack.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! Thank you so much for viewing it! x

      Delete